My first hand account of T1D, diet & exercise is aimed at older teenagers and above. The foods we eat and our level of activity have a direct infleunce on the behaviour of our blood glucose. Finding the foods that keep your blood glucose stable and unproblematic is a long process. Everyone is different and for that reason fine tuning your diet is a very personal journey.
We all want to make sure we fit into our favourite jeans don't we? Exercise has a very important role in both blood glucose control and weight management. Regular exercise can really help lower your insulin sensitivity and stabilise your HbA1c.
Learn the following:
- An overview of diet
- How different foods effect your blood glucose
- How I inject depending on the foods I eat
- How I stop spikes in blood glucose after fatty foods
- How excess insulin causes weight gain and how I stop this from happening to me
- My rules to losing fat with Type 1 Diabetes
- Foods I eat and foods I avoid to lose weight & maintain good glucose control
- How different types of exercise impact blood glucose
- Avoiding hypo's during and after a workout
- Weight training